- Spare ‘Dales
- About ‘Dales
- Help Us
Getting a puppy or a new dog is an exciting moment in anyone’s life. Dogs become part of our daily life, our at home greeter, our leisure time companion and our family.
Getting a dog is a commitment of ten or more years, with vacation care, financial responsibilities and annual doctor visits. Choose wisely. Know yourself and the commitment you are making.
Is an Airedale right for me?
Airedales have different attitudes than other dogs. They are independent and stoic. They have lots of personality and love to interact with their owners. As much fun as the Airedale attitude is, it is exactly the reason they are given up into foster care. It takes a special perseverance to get through the puppy stage – which lasts about 2 years.
Thinking about your daily life and your activities, here are some questions you could answer for yourself:
- Have you owned or lived with Airedales in the past?
- Do you want a spare ‘dale or will a mixed ‘dale be OK?
- Do you have a fenced yard?
- Do you have a crate and have you crated trained a dog?
- Are you aware that some Airedales are chewers, dirt diggers and fence jumpers?
- Will you like the wet beard of a ‘dale and the big muddy feet?
- Airedales are typically clipped twice or three times a year, depending on the thickness
of their coat. Are you prepared to clip them or have them groomed?
- Do you prefer a active, rowdy dog or a quiet laid-back dog? (Laid back Airedalesare untypical but do happen)
You should consider reading more about the adoption process, or if you reside in the southeastern United States, please fill out the Adoption Application. The adoption fee for Airedales is $300, for older dogs the adoption fee is $100.
If you need to follow up, or have any questions or concerns, please contact us. Thank you for considering a rescued Airedale Terrier who needs a home.
The Airedale Rescue GroupRescuing Airedales since 2000, in the Carolinas, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Click here to sign up for our email newsletter.
Donate for ‘Dales
Without your support and generous donations there would be no safe harbor for these sweet dogs.
Cups, Mugs, Hats, oh my!
Volunteers Log In Here
Please log into the site.